On 19th June 2017 High Council of women affairs (HCWA) in cooperation with United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) arranged a conference on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict
entitled ‘Preventing Sexual Violence Crimes through Justice and Deterrence’ in Department of Foreign Relation DFR’s office.
The conference had been attended by
• HE Mr. Kareem Sinjari, Minister of Interior
• HE Mr. Mahmud Haji Salih, Minister of Anfal and Martyrs
• H.E Minister Falah Mustafa Bakr Head of Department of Foreign Relations DFR
• Mrs. Pakhshan Zangana the secretary-general of High Council of Women Affairs and CSTF Co-Chair
• HE Mrs. Roueida El Hage, Regional Human Rights Officer for UNAMI
• HE Mrs. Suzan Arif (1325 Task Force Coordinator)
• KRG Ministries Representative, UNAMI and UN representative, foreign diplomatic and Representatives of Consulates, International NGO s and local NGOs.
An open discussion held by the panelists Mrs Suzan Aref about activities related to the elimination of Sexual Violence in conflict by Judge Aeman Mustafa, Heade of board of evidence collection and investigation, Mrs. Idah Muema, UNAMI Erbil, Ms. Lucy Smith, UK Consulate Genera, Mrs. Khanim Raheem, CSO Activist. The panel had many discussions and after the panel Question and Answer section held which contains many discussions and the conference ended with writing some recommendations.